Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Little Bigs

If there is anything I love more than food, it's traveling. Lucky for me, traveling seems to go hand in hand with finding new restaurants. During a recent trip to Houston, Texas to visit my friend Erin, I discovered Little Bigs. Little Bigs is unique in that its menu items consist of only sliders (not full size burgers), fries, and milkshakes. What more could you want anyway? Little Bigs was recently voted "One of the Best New Burger Spots" by Bon Appetit. Based on my experience there, I would have to agree. If you are wondering where the name Little Bigs comes from, I'll give you the quick version, "little burgers with really big taste." There is also some story about two uncles, one little and one big, but you'll have to read the story on the website for that one. Little Bigs is a stand at the counter and order, then take your seat at the park bench on the patio kind of restaurant. Very casual, but perfect for a quick lunch or a happy hour with friends.


When you get to the counter to order, your first decision is picking which three sliders to try (trio $5.78, solo $2.08). There are four options to choose from: beef patty with caramelized onions, hand-breaded spicy chicken with a pickle, pulled pork with cole slaw, and spicy black bean with Harissa cream sauce. All of the sliders I had were delicious. I did not try the black bean, but of the three I did try, I think the spicy chicken was my favorite. All of the meat was tender and flavorful and each slider was unique. The french fries ($1.62) were fresh and tasty and we topped off the meal with some thick hand-spun ice cream shakes ($3.70).

If you are looking for a late night snack or an evening out with friends, Little Bigs serves beer and wine and is open until 3 am on the weekends. They also have a few "adult only" milkshakes. I am very intrigued by the White Russian Milkshake and the Big Pink (their Sangria Slushy). I will have to give them a try the next time I am in Houston! Overall, Little Bigs was a fun local experience, with good food at a great price. So next time you are in Houston, bring your family, your friends, or your dog, and sit on the patio and try out some sliders!


Little Bigs
2703 Montrose Boulevard
Houston, TX 77006-2732
(713) 521-2447

Price: $
Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment